The very name ‘meeting’ sounds boring to most of the individuals and it is actually justified to some point. Frequent meetings can seem to be a kind of headache for most of us but as working individuals, we need to understand their importance. This will ultimately prove to be beneficial not only for us but for our organization too. Such staff meetings mostly remain unwelcome in startups. This is because most of the startups have very less amount of time and budget for organizing such meetings. However, there is indeed an extreme necessity to hold these staff meetings, mostly on a weekly basis for the startups. Holding such weekly staff meetings will definitely prove to be beneficial for the startups in the long run.
Let us now try to understand the importance of weekly staff meetings for startups through the medium of the following points:
- Enhancing communication: Weekly staff meetings help the employees and the employers to get to know each other well. It helps to bridge the wall of grapevine communication which is prevalent in almost each and every organization. Thus, weekly staff meetings help to enhance a high standard of communication among the individuals.
- Thoughts and ideas: This is yet another benefit of weekly staff meetings in startups. These meetings provide a platform to the staff for generating their thoughts and ideas related to the well – being of the organization. Moreover, they can also share any issues or concerns that they have regarding their work in the meetings.
- Team work: Weekly staff meetings also help the individuals to collaborate with each other well and work as a team. This is because the work gets divided among them through rigorous discussions which ultimately helps them to maintain a equilibrium in their work.
- Issues and problems: This is one of the most important aspects of a weekly staff meeting in startups. Any concerns, problems or issues related to the employees and the organization can be put up in the meetings after which people can discuss it out about solving them. This will ultimately prove to be beneficial for the organization in the long run.
- Building staff morale: Weekly staff meetings are the best place for the founders or the employers of the startups to celebrate any success or praise their staff which is normally not possible in regular days. This ultimately helps in encouraging the staff members who then focus on working even better.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author(s) and do not reflect the official position of Tersebox. Article had been published on as-is basis and Tersebox does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information(s) on this article.